MetaMask wallet is a on chain wallet that is commonly used to store crypto currencies. Currently, supported browsers include Chrome, Firefox, Brave and Edge.
This is guide, I will be creating a new wallet using the Chrome browser. The steps should be similar for the other supported browsers.
1. Navigate to https://metamask.io/, and click on Download or Download now.
2. Click on Install MetaMask for Chrome
3. This should redirect you to the Chrome Web extension page. Click on Add to Chrome -> Add extension
4. Once added, it should open up a new tab to setup MetaMask wallet. Click on Get Started -> Create a Wallet
5. You’ll be asked if you can Help to improve MetaMask. Just select whatever suits you.
7. You will be prompt to create a password. Note: This password is just used to unlock your MetaMask Extension which is different from your Secret Recovery Phrase. I highly recommend you to watch the video in the next step, to understand what is a Secret Recovery Phrase.
8. Next, you will be shown the Secret Recovery Phrase. You should write this down on a notepad or piece of paper.
Do not print screen it or store this on your computer. Remember, your Secret Recovery Phrase (aka. Seed Phrase) is akin to e.g. a bank password. Do not share this with anyone. Anyone who has access to your Secret Recovery Phrase will be able to empty your account.